Applies to: Cayosoft Administrator 4.X or later.
Summary: Cayosoft Administrator has granular control over how License plans is presented on Web Interface through the use of Attribute Policies. You can make some plans read only or even hide them from UI for all or a specific set of users over the desired scope (Administrative Units).
More information what is Attribute Policies and how they work you can find on Cayosoft documentation: https://www.cayosoft.com/training/documentation-attribute-policies/
How to hide specific license plans from New User web action
In this example we will configure Attribute Policy so it will hide some license plan from New User action in Active Directory Web Query for all users:
- Open Cayosoft Administrator console
- Navigate to Configuration > Web Interface > Attribute Policies
- Click the button Add Attribute Policy in the upper right corner
- Enter the name of the new policy then expand the Policy Details
- Click Add in the Policy Scope section
- In the Specify Policy Scope dialog, select the Active Directory in the first column titled Admin Units
- Select AD Users in the second column titled Web Queries
Note: You can select additional web queries if needed like AD User Templates, AD Users (Inactive), or AD Users (Locked out)
- Select New User in the third column titled Web Actions
Note: you can also select other actions that have Assign License functionality, like Clone User, Office 365 License and Enable Mailbox
- Click OK
- Click the newly created scope to select it
- In the Attribute policy settings section, select License Options Attribute
- Click Edit Policy
- Select Hide in drop down near the desired license plan(s)
Note: you can also hide or make read only specific license plan options instead of whole plan, you just need to leave plan <Not Set>, expand it and select desired visibility near each option
- Click OK to close the dialog
- Click Save Changes
How to make license plan selected by default
If you need to make some license plans selected by default, you can select checkbox near this plan on Attribute Policy setting dialog. Be aware, that this option doesn't work if the plan has Hide visibility option:
How to make license plan Read Only
Read Only and Read Only [include childs] options are useful if you want these plans to be always checked or unchecked on UI when assigning licenses.
Read Only on a license plan applies to license plan itself, but you still be able to change options in it. If you choose Read Only [include childs] for a plan you won't be able to change plan options also.